[Clipart] Re: SVG support for getID3

Nathan Eady eady at galion.lib.oh.us
Thu Feb 16 10:48:00 PST 2006

Bryce Harrington wrote:

> Hmm, I also notice that mimetype is able to correctly determine the
> SVG-ness of the file:
>
> $ mimetype daggers.svg
> daggers.svg: image/svg+xml

Is this a standard tool?  What is it included with?  Synaptic has
never heard of it, and a Google search for mimetype turns up, of
course, practically every site that mentions MIME content types
in any context.  It's like trying to search for the NOW without
knowing what the acronym stands for.

> And here's a way to get the same via xml_grep:

Ah, now xml_grep I do have here...  however, according to the
man page, it's just looking for specific elements, which seems
inadequate.

> I wonder if `mimetype` would be sufficient to the task?

It might be, if it's actually parsing the XML, but I don't know
how to evaluate that without knowing where to get the mimetype
command.