[Clipart] big checkin

Bryce Harrington bryce at bryceharrington.org
Thu Feb 16 16:41:30 PST 2006

On Thu, Feb 16, 2006 at 09:31:46AM -0800, Victor Stone wrote:
> I've got a pretty big checkin brewing, touching a lot of files in the
> system on my way to adding language support we talked about and
> optimizations.
>
> The latter especially is pretty sweeping with lots of little changes all
> over the system, including the templates (most heavily upload.xml)
> delaying queries using AJAX, etc. (btw I'm already seeing 2x
> improvements on my dev machines in displaying records on my way to the
> goal of 5x.)
>
> I'm hoping to get these checkins ready to go by early next week but
> at one point we had talked about a v1.1 release of ccHost last week, and
> then this week; so.....
>
> I wanted to do two things:
>
> - alert folks that these changes are coming
> - ask folks if it's better to hold off the checkin until after the
> release or hold off the release until after the checkin...

>From OCAL's perspective, I think we're going to be running right on CVS
for a while, so whether you cut a release before or after will not be a
factor for us.

As a general rule, though, I tend to prefer seeing large/sweeping
changes going in immediately after a release rather than right before,
because that maximizes the amount of time available for testing those
changes.