[Clipart] styling for site description (Drawing Together) in banner

Jonadab the Unsightly One jonadab at bright.net
Fri Feb 24 08:53:02 PST 2006

Here we go, this is the existing styling:

#cc_header p {
    position: absolute;
    font-size:11px;
    color:#ccc;
    margin:0;
    padding:4.2em 0 0 1em;
}

Padding in ems would normally be correct, but here in conjunction with
absolute positioning overtop of a coloured background bar for the
header that's sized in pixels, it's not working out right.  No wonder
stuff overlaps and looks wrong.

I'm not terribly keen on the absolute pixel measure on font-size
either.  (11px would be terribly inappropriate on my system for
instance, although of course that is moot for me since I have a
minimum size set in my browser prefs), but shouldn't the font
sizes be relative anyhow, to ensure proper scaling?

Hmmm...  perhaps something like this...

#cc_header p {
  font-size:       0.75em;
  color:           #CCCCCC; /* Worry about better colors later. */
  margin:          0px;
  padding:         0px;
  padding-top:     0.25em;
  padding-bottom:  1em;
}

Comments?

--
Open Clip Art Library:  Drawing Together
http://www.openclipart.org/