[Clipart] Call for Participation - Who is interested in joining and helping Open Clip Art Library

Jon Phillips jon at rejon.org
Thu Jan 19 16:20:36 PST 2006

On Thu, 2006-01-19 at 14:56 -0500, Paul Reinheimer wrote:
> Re: #1, How can I get a copy of the code/view it live?

Hi Paul,

The following link shows how to check out a copy of our website module
anonymously and using a freedesktop.org account:

http://openclipart.org/wiki/index.php/CVS

The website is in the module clipart_web.

All you need is php and basic cgi-bin setup to get the site running.

Please ask any/all questions here and on the chat channel:

http://openclipart.org/wiki/index.php/Communication_Channels

Great!

Bryce and Jonadab, you all might provide specific help on SVG::Metadata
and the other scripts.

Jon

> On Thu, 19 Jan 2006 14:17:06 -0500, Jon Phillips <jon at rejon.org> wrote:
>
> > Hello everyone,
> >
> > It seems that many of the core developers (Bryce, Jonadab, and myself
> > for example) have been busy with other projects, and thus, haven't had
> > time to contribute some necessary time to:
> >
> > 0.) Get more people involved
> >
> > 1.) Fix the outstanding upload 0-byte (file zero'ing) process (which is
> > frustrating and turning away users)
> >
> > 2.) Install ccHost as the new site solution
> >
> > 3.) Cut releases (like 0.19).
> >
> > 4.) Close bugs on our bug tracker
> >
> > 5.) Answer questions on the mailing list
> >
> > 6.) Implement feature requests
> >
> > So, I'm sending out this bat signal to drum up support for these tasks.
> > However, more importantly, I hope to encourage some new people to
> > contribute to the project.
> >
> > On the mailing list there seems to be several new people contributing.
> > Momo, you have been answering so many questions on the mailing list
> > which is so helpful. Also, Tobias and Jose, you both are constantly
> > excellent at replying to emails on the mailing list
> >
> > I would like to encourage you all and others as new team members by
> > helping you achieve what you are interested in learning and doing on the
> > project.
> >
> > For example, who needs access to our server to be able to help fix
> > web/software bugs (php/html/css)? Also, who needs help knowing how to
> > edit the website, fix bugs, etc.? Who would like admin access on the
> > wiki to ban spammers and help shape content more effectively?
> >
> > Anyhow, I'm sending this to encourage new people and to seek broad new
> > levels of participation on the Open Clip Art Library to keep the project
> > building and alive. New life is vital to the projects continued success
> > and anyway that I can help new people, I will do.
> >
> > Please reply to this email if you have specific interests that you would
> > like help accomplishing. Also, please reply if you specifically want to
> > help on developing the tools that power the project. This is where we
> > need the most help.
> >
> > Sincerely,
> > Jon

San Francisco, CA