[Clipart] sycamoreseed_theresa_kno_01.svg

Theresa Knott theresaknott at gmail.com
Wed Jun 7 22:12:06 PDT 2006

On 6/8/06, Open Clip Art Library Feedback Form <noreply at openclipart.org> wrote:

> Name: Charles Reynolds
> E-mail: charles at unixstar.com
>

> While art work is great, the picture is of a stylized maple leaf. The
> sycamore tree seed is a ball, somewhat smaller than a golf ball. But
> sperical. No wings. The maple seed is the one that is the two bladed
> whirly-gig.
>
> I had both trees in my yard growing up in Indiana, USA and am very
> familiar with both.

At first I thought  "What is he on about?" I know my seeds! But then
it occured to me that perhaps it's a culteral thing so I did a quick
check on http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sycamore and sure enough

"The sycamores of North America are members of the genus Platanus.
There are several species, including the American sycamore, and the
California sycamore.

The sycamore in Britain and Ireland is a European maple tree, Acer
pseudoplatanus, also called Sycamore Maple."

So it seems we are both correct. I therefore to modify the keywords
and add maple and acer. Is there anyway I can do that?

Theresa