[Clipart] What would it take to get a .19 release out?

Bryce Harrington bryce at bryceharrington.org
Sat Mar 4 14:54:16 PST 2006

On Sat, Mar 04, 2006 at 02:23:42PM -0700, Michael Moore wrote:
> Hey,
>
> What would it take to get a .19 release out soon? I have a bit of
> extra time this comming week and could be sorting and removing
> trademarked images or something if that'd help.

It'd be great to have a 0.19 release.

The process is pretty well defined in wiki, and basically involves
sorting through all the new submissions for what's appropriate, then
integrating them with the 0.18 images.

  http://www.openclipart.org/wiki/index.php/Release_Procedure

Of course, sounds simple, but the sheer quantity of images can be
daunting, especially since it's been so long since the last release.

In past releases I'd spent a good portion of the time sorting them out
(removing duplicates, adding/fixing keywords, etc.) but strictly this is
not required, it just makes it a bit easier for users to browse and find
things.  For 0.19, I think just getting the new stuff in, and weeding
out any images we have bug reports on would be a big advancement for the
project.