[Clipart] Bounding boxes in adobe and Graphic Converter?

Michael Moore stuporglue at gmail.com
Thu Mar 23 10:50:21 PST 2006

> It opens fine in inkscape, Seamonkey, Firefox and Gimp, but in Adobe for
> Safari, and Graphic Converter, the file is clipped to 400x400, and the rest
> discarded. I raised this issue with the author of graphic converter, and he
> says that the file is faulty, and, indeed, looking at the text of the file
> it does seem to declare the height and width as 400 in the first few lines -
> do you have any ideas about this?
>
> It is not an isolated problem with this file, it happens with many files
> from the site, from different authors.

I don't know what to do to fix it, but I can confirm it.

Some people when working with Inkscape, or possibly other SVG
authoring programs turn off the bounding box display. It makes drawing
seem less restricted (for me at least), but if the artist doesn't turn
on the box and make sure their picture is a reasonable size in
relation to the box, you can end up with a tiny picture up in the
corner, or with a zommed in view, or none at all.

--
Michael Moore