[Clipart] Artists Signing Clipart

Martin Owens doctormo at gmail.com
Wed Nov 29 12:29:05 PST 2006

> How do you feel about putting labels outside the page border so that they
> will be unseen in most cases and not get in the way?

I feel good about having all this information available in the svg
headers as meta data, no you will not be removing food from someones
mouth by cleaning their work of names. people can clearly see who did
the work from the meta data.

It's my position that we should try and create an atmosphere of peer
review and quality control that will allow us to deliver good results.
putting names on the works them selves as shown in this example is in
attempt to restrict the use of the works by people who do not know how
to remove such marks.

This isn't the 18th Century were painters didn't have meta data
(infact some painters would mark the back of their works)

> > (we _do_ have a clean up team right?)
>
> We do if you are volunteering ;)

I'm a programmer, I'd invent perl scripts for it lol.

> (I was more annoyed at the file containing all that Sodipodi markup
> instead of using Plain SVG than any additional branding.)

Agreed