[Clipart] RE: Keeping requests page tidy.

Jon Phillips jon at rejon.org
Mon Oct 2 15:12:19 PDT 2006

On Mon, 2006-10-02 at 09:06 +0300, Nicu Buculei (OCAL) wrote:
> Gerald Ganson wrote:
> >
> > At some point should really old, or requests that don't really fit OCAL
> > get removed from the request section?
> > Maybe moved to completed with an explanation even though no one created
> > a graphic for the request?
>
> I am for removing requests that don't fit OCAL (like your two examples)
> but I think we can keep on-topic old requests, in the case someone is
> bored, want do draw something and does not have an original idea.

I think we should move over requests not filled and completed and link
them to the completed images. I think using the wiki like we are for
this is good, but hard to track. However, it works and is good for now.

Anyway, I think this would be a good task for someone once the text-only
ability to submit clipart requests is into cchost:

1.) port over completed requests from the wiki
2.) connect up the initial request with the submission in ccHost

I don't think we should ever delete requests, new requests and/or filled
requests. I would even like to add paypal bounties on clipart requests
so companies or people could attach $$$ to requests and once filled, the
person gets $$$...the catch is that the images must go into the public
domain so we don't taint our ideals ;)

Another reason I'm keen to move over to ccHost for this is so that we
can track who, when, where, why, what and how someone is requesting
something and also so they can get notified easily when someone submits
a filled request.

What do you all think about these ideas?

San Francisco, CA
USA PH 510.499.0894
jon at rejon.org
http://www.rejon.org