[Clipart] [Fwd: Re: pro-community and the problems of the PublicDocument License and Clip Art]

Nicu Buculei (OCAL) nicu at apsro.com
Tue Oct 3 23:04:21 PDT 2006

Gerald Ganson wrote:

> Jon - has this been confirmed ? I have a couple of questions ?
>
> 1: Can I submit something to the contest (clipart) and then it will come
> over to OCAL once the contest ends as PD ?

http://documentation.openoffice.org/contests/template_clipart_2006/announce.html
The contest page still say "PDL or LGPL". If they already received some
entries licensed as PDL or LGPL, those can be released as PD *only* with
the author permission.

> 2: Is there anything to stop a person from submitting to the contest
> clipart that was already submitted to OCAL as PD ?

Nothing can stop you to create one image and submit it as LGPL to OOo
and as PD to OCAL, so you can go for their money, someone will have to
win in the end and I think you can win and deserve it.

--
nicu
my cool Fedora wallpapers: http://fedora.nicubunu.ro/wallpapers/