[Clipart] Does openclipart.org have invalid SVG content?

Nicu Buculei (OCAL) nicu at apsro.com
Sun Oct 8 22:48:51 PDT 2006

Alan Horkan wrote:

> Would we not cry foul if people started submitting lots of files with
> Adobe extensions?  We can already predict the problems of images embedded
> in SVG files, which Adobe does a whole lot of because so many of their
> advanced features cannot adequately be represented in SVG.  (Adobe has
> lots of custom extensions to SVG but they too see the merit in promoting
> wider standards like XMP.)

I used to cry foul for SVG files with Adobe extension, and this was
because those files tend to have a size about 10 times bigger than SVG
produced by Inkscape and this is without embedded images, see one simple
example with the size of 527.45KB:
http://openclipart.org/clipart//food/fruit/straw_tote_linda_kim_01.svg
How much waste is this compared with the Inkscape specific tags?

--
nicu
my cool Fedora wallpapers: http://fedora.nicubunu.ro/wallpapers/