[Clipart] [Open Clip Art Library] Upload Flagged

Jon Phillips jon at rejon.org
Thu Apr 26 15:36:17 PDT 2007

On Thu, 2007-04-26 at 18:31 -0400, Martin Owens wrote:
> Make sure to tell the artists that if they ask for authorisation then
> you could include it since it's a logo on a product shape and form
> which is tied to it. bit hard to just remove it without even asking
> sony.

You are totally right...we should definitely do that...also, using an
image of a memory stick might be covered under fair use in the USA, but
not releasing into the public domain, which is an act from the copyright
holder...

I think though we should be extra cautious to make sure to tell people
in the ban message, that they should follow up with the copyright holder
if they have concern...Ryan, could you add something like this to our
standard message...obviously, this is only if there is question about
the usage and/or copyright holder.

Jon