[Clipart] planet.openclipart.org

Jon Phillips jon at rejon.org
Wed Aug 8 00:09:00 PDT 2007

On Wed, 2007-08-08 at 10:01 +0300, Nicu Buculei (OCAL) wrote:
> Seeing the Planet site not updated since July 18 I decided to
> investigate it a little. My main suspects were:
> - no write rights to its web directory
> - inexistent or bad setup for the cron job
>
> So I logged into hawthorn.osuosl.org and tried to run the script
> manually, from my own users account. It worked, to the access rights are OK.
>
> The next step was to try to set the cron job for updating the site
> hourly in my personal account, just how it worked in the old location at
> f.d.o. Unfortunately, I am not allowed to set a cron job:
>
>  > crontab -e
>  > cannot chdir(/var/spool/cron), bailing out.
>  > /var/spool/cron: Permission denied
>
> Here lies the problem, what we should do to get a cron job running?

What would be good is if you sent an email to support at osuosl.org and
worked on this with the admins...yes, it would be brilliant to help with
these admin tasks...

Sending an email to that email above starts a new ticket...you should
mention that you are admin on this project and that I worked on this
prob. previously...

osuosl only wants to set cronjobs, so you need to send to them the
command and frequency, etc., cool?

Then, test, and see how it went through...cool? Is this okay?

San Francisco, CA
USA PH 510.499.0894
jon at rejon.org
http://www.rejon.org