[Clipart] planet.openclipart.org

Jon Phillips jon at rejon.org
Thu Aug 9 13:07:53 PDT 2007

On Thu, 2007-08-09 at 10:22 +0300, Nicu Buculei (OCAL) wrote:
> The Planet site now works, I contacted support and the problem was
> solved (the script running from cron was returning an error due to the
> lack of access rights).

Great! So this new system works well! We just need to encourage more
developers on moving these things around :)

> My next step was to add a widget powered by Google Reader and display
> the latest 5 items from Planet on our main site (right column, "Planet
> OpenClipArt News"). I am not entirely happy with its layout, but it
> works - fell free to style it better (or remove if we don't want it).

This is true...I wonder if we can just read the feed in and display that
on the main site. There is code to do this on cchost, Victor, maybe you
can elaborate on how Nicu could do this...of course the google reader is
an interesting way to do it...but how to read a feed, and display on a
standard page easily in ccHost...

> One more thing we can do for Planet is an updated layout, it has a look
> matching our old website from a couple of years ago. We could use a new
> layout (template + style sheet), so if anyone wants to try his hand...

I'm kind of leaning in favor of just making the planet be on our main
page and redirecting that...less to maintain right? What we really want
is people to go to our main page, if the same content is there, then we
can just use the planetplanet engine to do this...what do you think?

Its all about consolidation

San Francisco, CA
USA PH 510.499.0894
jon at rejon.org