[Clipart] How d I download the full version

Jon Phillips jon at rejon.org
Thu Aug 9 13:09:20 PDT 2007

On Thu, 2007-08-09 at 03:29 +0200, Stephan Beal wrote:
> On Wednesday 08 August 2007, Jon Phillips wrote:
> > Yes, btw, the main reason of our last server problems from fd.o was
> > that our package downloads were hammering the site...
> >
> > So, if you really want all files currently, slurp the /people
> > and /contests folder and /incoming for .svg ;)
> >
> > Yes, we need help on this? I need to resolve the issue on having a
> > mirrors setup on our downloads, which is just stuck with me as the
> > bottleneck once more...yes, need more helpers please :)
>

> One extreme solution would be to offer the large download only (or
> primarily) via torrents. As a secondary option, offer to sell CDs,
> perhaps via subscription (2x-4x yearly). Of course, there's quite an
> administrative overhead involved in that, but it could probably be
> farmed out.

Yes, the big torrents is a better approach IMO, but we could have a huge
tarball of all right now...

We need a php/mysql developer to help with the import...if someone wants
to volunteer, I'm going to be online more this weekend to catch up on
outstanding tasks...my goal is to empower more developers and to
consolidate where possible so that we can grow this thing, cool?