[Clipart] Old clipart import

Jon Phillips jon at rejon.org
Tue Aug 28 12:32:52 PDT 2007

On Tue, 2007-08-28 at 16:17 -0300, Marcelo Staudt wrote:
> Is there need of people to help importing the images from the old
> colection to the new one?
> I'd like to help with that.
>
> Marcelo Staudt.

Yes, there is need! Hop into the chat #openclipart on freedesktop.org
and I'll get you started...

It will require some php experience, are you okay with that?

The basics are that we need to write an importer for ccHost
( http://creativecommons.org/project/cchost ) which will import our
clipart. There is an example importer
at /mixter-files/fourstones-import.inc which we need to adapt to slurp
in our old content from the /clipart folder and the old /incoming
folder, and then figure out a way to map the authors (which should be
embedded in the old files, to the real authors...although, since all the
clip art is in the public domain, we can fudge this a bit if we have a
way to allow for artists to claim their artwork...

San Francisco, CA
USA PH 510.499.0894
jon at rejon.org
http://www.rejon.org