[Clipart] celebrity image

Mohamed Ibrahim mibrahim at mibrahim.net
Mon Dec 31 13:40:00 PST 2007

Reporters take pictures of actors & actresses and post it all over the
newspapers & web without their consent, actually sometimes the pictures
are in an undesirable situations for them - yet they get posted.

I think it is enough to show a disclaimer may be like what wikipedia
does in a clear box:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Image:CBSEveningNewsKatie.jpg

I also suggest to add a check box for the uploader that states the the
uploader did
not **significantly** alter the image from its original source. Images
has to be altered in order
to change its format from raster to vectors. However, there were
situations like this:
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/eat-the-press/2006/08/29/cbs-whittles-katie-couric_e_28314.html

when CBS altered an image in a way they thought people would like it
more by making Katie look thinner. She didn't like it and was in the
news headlines for a couple of days even though she worked for CBS for a
period of time.

So my opinion is to allow addition of celebrity images. If adding the
check box is a trouble then may be vectorizing & cliparting of
celebrity/people images should be outlined in the policy.

Happy new year to all of you,
Mohamed Ibrahim