[Clipart] Old Content import WAS: ccHost now completely live!

Ryan ryan at lennox.com.au
Tue Feb 6 14:40:36 PST 2007

I have been thinking about this also,

Maybe, if we separate the existing collection into smaller chunks, say 100
images throw them in zip files, and upload them to cchost, us librarians
could download them, clean them up (reduce bounding boxes, etc), and set the
metadata right - esp. adding keywords (aka tags), then reupload the zip to
cchost. And when a script is written, they should be ready to go...

The other option is to separate the old collection into chunks, and then
allow us librarians to clean up etc, then upload to cchost manually, in a
default user account say "old_clipart_upload"

Once they are up in cchost, we could then worry about dupes...

I am prepared to help on this manually if need be, maybe it wont take that
long, if we have a few people doing the uploads...

Please, tell me what you think!

Cheers,

ryanlerch