[Clipart] looking for "denco" and tracking artists' contributions

Jon Phillips jon at rejon.org
Wed Feb 7 00:38:48 PST 2007

On Wed, 2007-02-07 at 09:03 +0200, Nicu Buculei (OCAL) wrote:
> Jon Phillips wrote:
> > On Tue, 2007-02-06 at 08:26 -0600, Jeremy C. Reed wrote:
> >> Does anyone have contact information for "denco"?
> >
> > You might search the mailing list archives as well and the other clipart
> > pieces with grep...you might get lucky...
>
> It is not the first time Jeremy ask for "denco" and nobody showed up so
> far, so I doubt very much the submitter is subscribed to the list.

Ok, what can we say about these images then? If the original author
submitted them to the site, and our technical system did not change the
license properly, that is our issue. If the images are actually
copywritten and we can detect this, then we should not allow them.

If otherwise, I think we should fix our technical error by fixing the
license URL since he has clicked through our old site and we have logs
to prove this if needed. (NOTE: Always save your logs).

Do you all agree?

San Francisco, CA
USA PH 510.499.0894
jon at rejon.org