[Clipart] New download-package?

Jon Phillips jon at rejon.org
Mon Feb 26 14:50:39 PST 2007

On Tue, 2007-02-13 at 20:06 +0100, Thomas Zastrow wrote:
> Jon Phillips schrieb:
> >
> > Oh, server capacity is nice...we need to come up with mirror strategy
> > eventually.
> >

> How much would you need? I'm owning a little v-server which has not
> realy much to do ;-)

We need to develop a mirroring strategy...whoa...another issue to sort
out :( ;)

> > Also, the packaging is in cvs as module clipart_package. There is a
> > makefile for wrapping up our collection as various packages including
> > the windows nsis-based installer.
> >
> > There are a couple of patches for that in our bug tracker that need to
> > be applied...that would be a good thing to take over if you feel
> > comfortable with it...we could immediately snap shot our old and new
> > clipart and put it into the PACKAGE/clipart folder and test out a
> > release. This is a pretty cheap way to do a 0.19, but the clipart isn't
> > cleaned up, not into hierarchical folder.
> >
> > One option is to just use the clipart packaged up as I emailed out a few
> > days ago, and just put all new clipart into the unsorted folder.
> >
> I didn't get the mail?? Or was it generaly on the list?
>
> > The problem with this though is that our removals are not in this new
> > package...so problematic...best to put energy into a cchost-based
> > strategy IMO. Would you like help with getting started on this?
> >

> Just tell me where to start. I'll see if I can handle it :-)
>
> Best,
>
> Tom

I think now though it would be best to hack on ccHost to figure out how
we can generate packages like our old ones. The best way to learn how to
do this is to read up on how to create an extension with ccHost, join
cctools-cchost at lists.sf.net and have at it!

http://mirrors.creativecommons.org/cchost/docs/

Jon

> www.opendtp.de