[Clipart] Need server space / mirrors?

Jon Phillips jon at rejon.org
Tue Jan 2 14:45:07 PST 2007

Cool, I'm forwarding this to the openclipart mailing list. Are you on
that list? It would be great for you to join..

http://openclipart.org/cchost/media/viewfile/discussion

I'm writing answers below:

On Fri, 2006-12-29 at 17:37 -0500, Nathan Friedly wrote:
> ok, It's got mysql on a separate server, I can give you a database on
> there. it's got php with about every option you'd ever need, and it's
> got apache. Or course it can do html also.

Great, yes, would need to do some kind of duplication, but we need to
investigate this more...

> For connecting, it can do ftp and sftp nicely.

Great

> The server is a dreamhost code monster plan:
> http://dreamhost.com/hosting.html
>
> To be honest, what I initially had in mind was mirroring the files,
> not the whole site. ( a second copy of everything on this page
> http://openclipart.org/cchost/media/downloads )

Ok, that is good and the most downloaded....

> But it sounds like you're wanting to mirror cchost completely? I'm all
> for it, but I've never played with cchost before. Still, I imagine it
> can be done. I could add something to my crontab to update at 3am, for
> example. It's just the update; that I'm not sure how it'd work.

Cool...

> Do you guys know the cchost code very well?

Yes, I'm a lead developer on ccHost (and work for creative commons ;)

> I might install a copy and start playing with it...

Cool!

Thanks! Are you a developer? It would be great to get another
developer :)

Jon

> -nate
>
> On 12/29/06, Jon Phillips <jon at rejon.org> wrote:
>         Cool, this great. We need to think through how this would
>         work.
>
>         Our setup requires mysql, php, html, and apache. Also, the
>         software we use stores uploads in the filesystem so we would
>         have to figure out synchronization strategy.
>

>         Thanks!
>         jon

San Francisco, CA
USA PH 510.499.0894