[Clipart] clipart to cchost

momo momo at lumenstudio.net
Thu Jan 4 04:42:05 PST 2007

>> > I'm willing to volunteer.  I can clean up art and check tags and any
>> > other art content stuff.  Just let me know what you want.  I guess this
>> > also needs to be done the items posted after release 0.18 and before
>> > moving to cchost.
>>
>> Maybe we can delete all the duplicates before importing to cchost (we
>> have a lot of duplicates).
>
> Hmmm...not sure...I kind of feel like we should just move over what we
> have...I even feel wrong about deleting that illegal file...well, the
> problem with the duplicates is that many of them we have to visually
> identify, which we can do after the import.

I'm not quite sure that this is the simpliest way. In CCHOST there are still
no thumbnails and no library browser (lots of thumbnails on one page) so
chasing duplicates will be a very long and difficult task because it will
require to open each single SVG file, and remember if this file resembles to
something already listed in the library.
I have already been in a situation like this in the everyday cleaning
process I'm involved in, when an uploader (Machovka) reuploaded several
duplicates of cliparts he uploaded a week before. I was lucky to remember
that I already saw these cliparts before, and managed to find and delete the
duplicates.
Unfortunately CCHOST don't have instruments to easily locate duplicates (no
thumbnails and no thumbnail browser).
This is actually one of the reasons why I wanted to clean the 0.18
collection (and entries that came after this release) locally (on my
computer) before importing it to CCHOST. Other reasons are:
- no need to reupload cleaned/improved files (uploading files to cchost is
painfully slow and sometimes uploads even fail...)
- faster cleaning (no need to browse the uploaded 0.18 collection online,
just browse it locally)
- less traffic on the server

These are my arguments :)
Thanks!