[Clipart] Purchase Advertising On Your Homepage

Alan Horkan horkana at maths.tcd.ie
Wed Jan 31 15:22:01 PST 2007

On Tue, 30 Jan 2007, Jon Phillips wrote:

> Date: Tue, 30 Jan 2007 14:18:43 -0800
> From: Jon Phillips <jon at rejon.org>
> To: clipart at lists.freedesktop.org
> Subject: Re: [Clipart] Purchase Advertising On Your Homepage
>
> Whoa, we can get christian ads ;) Sorry, nope :) I'm not against ads,
> but am against supporting specific content/messages for our project ;)
> And, nothing against christianity ;)
>
> Ads are a great way to make money though... ;)

Sooner or later someone will take OpenClipart, make a copy, and include
advertising.  This is inevitable, so we may as well give it some
consideration and find tasteful ways to do it and put the funds back into
the project.

(Wikipedia resists advertising but has some kind of a deal with
Answers.com who have a copy of Wikipedia which does include advertising,
and it seems a whole lot of content that got trimmed from Wikipedia.)

Sincerely

Alan Horkan

http://advogato.org/person/AlanHorkan/
http://www.linkedin.com/in/alanhorkan