[Clipart] Accept Gif in OpenClipart.org - Examples

Nicu Buculei (OCAL) nicu at apsro.com
Sun Mar 18 23:45:32 PDT 2007

ValessioBrito wrote:
> License GIF Expire, view:
>
>  http://www.gnu.org/philosophy/gif.html

The license expired AFAIK a couple of years ago, but not the license is
the problem.

> Accept .GIF in post Examples. Error:
> "There was error in the file format File type is not allowed Unknown
> pseudo-format"

The goal of the project is to collect clipart images in *vector* format,
we accept raster images mostly with the intention to have them as a
reference when someone will want to create a vector version of them (it
seems we don't do a good job explaining this on the front page).

On a tangent, converting an image from GIF to indexed PNG has no quality
loss, the file size resulted is smaller and the image is supported just
as well on all web browsers (Internet Explorer has problems with PNG
images using alpha transparency, not with indexed colors)

--
nicu
my cool Fedora wallpapers: http://fedora.nicubunu.ro/wallpapers/