[Clipart] Searching and download graphics

Thomas Zastrow listen at thomas-zastrow.de
Wed May 16 12:39:58 PDT 2007

Alan schrieb:
> "would be not too difficult"
>
> One of the really great things about open source software is that it
> truly benefits from ease of use and simplicity.   Highly effective
> ideas made as effective/transparent/simple as possible is true
> genius.  Open source software caters to this model because there is
> nothing to hide and nothing to protect.
>
> Be the best you can be, because open source encourages exactly this.

Alan, I already tried to build PDF-catalogues from the last public
provided package 0.18. It wasn't a big problem to write the code: the
problem was the realy big amount of cliparts which were already in OCAL.
It took too much time and CPU performance for generating PDFs on the
fly. And OCAL still grows and grows. So, I think the only way for
producing PDFs from OCAL would be an offline way. For doing that, I
would need information about the structure of the database, how files
are stored and referenced and so on.

Best,

Tom

--