[Clipart] clipart files

Roan Horning roan at horning.us
Fri Nov 23 12:25:13 PST 2007

Hi Mohamed,

Thank you for your interest in the project.  Coders interested in
expanding the features of OpenClipart.org are definitely welcome. I've
been working on adding thumbnail support to the site. I have the
functions written that will create png thumbnails from the svg files.
I'm still a newbie to cchost code, so I'm now in the process of learning
the best way to incorporate these functions into cchost.  Currently the
code I have written is not part of the svn repository, but I'm happy to
send it to you.

Another issue that could use some love, is the getid3 svg module I
wrote. It has some memory issues, which prevent svg files composed of
numerous objects (tags) from being uploaded.

Adding code that would let us create hierarchical paths of the tags
would be nice. I envision being able to define an arbitrary tree
structure of tags. A click on a link to the root of the tree would
return a search of all the pictures with tags listed in the tree. As you
click on links to different branches of the tree, the search would
return the pictures with tags listed under that branch. This would let
us recreate the oft lamented filing system of the old site, plus let us
easily come up with new orderings.

I'm happy to answer any questions I can. Since we are developing code
for the cchost software, you will also find it helpful to join the
cchost-cctools mailing list. A link to it is at
"http://wiki.creativecommons.org/CcHost#Communication".

thanks,

Roan