[Clipart] clipart Digest, Vol 43, Issue 21

Jon Phillips jon at rejon.org
Mon Oct 29 23:07:47 PDT 2007

On Tue, 2007-10-30 at 15:41 +1000, Ryan Lerch wrote:
> John Olsen wrote:
> >

> > I went ahead and just reposted my submissions that are in http://
> > download.openclipart.org/downloads/openclipart-
> > incoming-2007-02-05.tar.gz
> >
> > Would it be reasonable for those here that are still active to go
> > through the incoming folder and just repost them?  That could cut the
> > 1400 files in there down quite a bit.  The recovered folder files
> > folder I just went through was relatively easy as all the PNGs were
> > generated and it was only about 500-600 SVGs that were all in pretty
> > good shape.  The incoming folder is a much bigger job and it would
> > help if people can take ownership of their images and repost them.
> > We can tally them on the roadmap
> >
> > http://openclipart.org/wiki/Roadmap
> >

> > Thanks, John

At this rate, this might go much faster...since everything is released
into the public domain, we can do whatever we want (legally)...but, good
to have old authors have ownership for their works...

> I think it may be helpful if we broke this down into archives of about
> say 50-100 SVG's, and document them on the wiki, so each of us can go
> through and manually upload a archive of them, it may be simpler to keep
> track of rather than as a whole set...
>
> im willing to help out with this as well...

If you guys want to lead this effort, this would be brilliant!

> did we come to any consensus of what to do with the old clipart when the
> artist does not have an account on ccHost?

No we didn't...well, since we need to go through all the clipart and
clean it up anyway, this might just be the best approach...for
non-authors, we could create a user called anonymous, and then assign
all to that user...then, can allow an original author to re-upload and
take authorship over the original, or we can figure out a quick tool to
re-assign authorship...

Sound good? I think this sounds like a good approach if you guys have
the time for...I'll keep focusing on bugs...I've been lightly helping
with ccHost 5.0 release which should be in the next few days...

Jon

> cheer,s
>
> ryanlerch

San Francisco, CA
USA PH 510.499.0894
jon at rejon.org
http://www.rejon.org

MSN, AIM, Yahoo Chat: kidproto
Jabber Chat: rejon at gristle.org
IRC: rejon at irc.freenode.net

Please note: the contents of this email are not intended to be
legal advice nor should they be relied upon as or represented to be
legal advice. Jon Phillips does not represent any organization through
this email address.