[Clipart] SOM Banners Contest Result

Ivo Emanuel Gonçalves justivo at gmail.com
Thu Sep 20 13:25:18 PDT 2007

And so it ends.

I will not lie and say the contest was a success: it wasn't.  But I
would like to thank Jon Phillips and the OCAL for once again hosting a
contest for SOM, and I would like to thank the people who
participated.

Personally, after the contest we had months ago to create a logo for
SOM, I had high expectations.  If not better submissions, I expected a
similar level of quality.  I suppose I either failed to promote the
event properly, or these days young graphic designers have no desire
to promote themselves by actually creating public work for everyone to
see how good/bad they are.

Regardless, let's go to the final results.

All entries to the contest may be found at [1].  Not at [2], which was
supposed to be official page to see all entries (it's a 404), I guess
due to a bug in the software, or the database, or the settings, or
Goddess knows what.  At [1].

First place goes to Tomosaur for his [3] entry and mcol for his/her [4] entry.

Thank you both for participating.  I have contacted you through the
OCAL mailing system to get details on who you are, so that I may
credit you appropriately.  If you did not receive such message,
contact me.

Finally, I have taken down the upload form, the contest sidebar menu,
and cleared the wiki page.  I still found no way to clear the contest
entry on the "Important News" in the home page.  I guess someone will
get to that.

Alright, be seeing you.

-Ivo

[1] http://openclipart.org/media/tags/som_banner