[Clipart] clipart Digest, Vol 42, Issue 25

Frederik Elwert frederik.elwert at web.de
Mon Sep 24 02:40:46 PDT 2007

I think that tagging the existing clipart with style tags is definitely not a top priority. While importing the existing clipart from the old site is totally essentially to have it available at all, style tags are a surplus.

My main intention would not be in the first place to make this accessible to the users. I think it can be more a help for new contributors. So someone who wants to start contributing can have a look what others have done and maybe he or she likes an existing style and wants to contribute similar work. Once people are aware of this, end users can benefit from more clipart with a coherent style.

By the way, I find it a good idea to make this as visible as possible to new contributors. Having it available in the upload form would be great. One could also add a link to the "how to contribute" page.

Cheers,
Frederik