[Clipart] folder-permissions or mass download?

Jon Phillips jon at rejon.org
Mon Aug 11 07:04:41 PDT 2008

On Mon, 2008-08-11 at 23:02 +0900, Francis Bond wrote:
> G'day,
>
> Thanks for the quick reply!
>
> > Its in the DB in ccHost :) Roan worked on adding this before...through
> > getid3
>
> In what format?  Can the DB (or a dump) be extracted?  I know it would
> be better to do it all within CC-host, but I am better at perl than
> php...

its mysql...hmmmm...Well, I feel weird about because there is a lot of
privacy data in there...Yes, it would be best to do within cchost
actually and add to the code...ideally, if the metadata is not present
in the files, then a copy of the original would be made, and updated
metadata inserted as soon as possible after upload, but if not too much
load on the server...

Of course, yes, a way to query cchost and get this type of info is
possible with the sample pool api on cchost (do search for on
http://creativecommons.org/projects/cchost )

So, actually, you could do it after the fact say in a packaging script
in perl ;) try it out and lets see what is exposed and what is not...

San Francisco, CA + Guangzhou + Beijing
GLOBAL +1.415.830.3884
CHINA +86.1.360.282.8624
jon at rejon.org