[Clipart] db update

Jon Phillips jon at rejon.org
Mon Aug 25 10:22:02 PDT 2008

Ok, I updated the message on the main page to say we updated the issue
and now have a running site. Also, added what people should do if they
participated in the site from 22-26.

Hats off to OSUOSL for helping on this.

Basically, what happened is that there was some problem with mysql and
we lost data on OSUOSL admins restarting the mysql process...nearly a
ghost problem in trying to track down what happened on the db-side.
Thus, we got back our data to the closest db backup we had without the
errors.

Sorry for this, and there isn't anyone on our side did wrong at all.

I'm just super glad we didn't hit one of those big outages that some of
you might have remembered from ages ago now ;)

Cheers!

San Francisco, CA + Guangzhou + Beijing
GLOBAL +1.415.830.3884
CHINA +86.1.360.282.8624