[Clipart] [Open Clip Art Library] clker.com - part 3

eric.lemerdy eric.lemerdy at laposte.net
Wed Feb 6 07:08:02 PST 2008

Everything in this affair is about the facts that :
ocal :
 o is notorious worldwide
 o successfully manage an active artist community
clker.com :
 o want to relay ocal cliparts in order to make money

Ocal and clker.com objectives are different but in the end :
 o benefits are for the users (better user interface with clker.com)
 o profits are for clker.com (!)

The debate has gone in the emotionnal field. Since it is hard for ocal contributors to realize that their work is no longer sublimated by the ocal platform. That's where opportunists appears...

Accepting PD for artists means to abandon the property of  the art. It is a beautiful act in my opinion. Clker.com acts here a concrete revelation of what artists may loose by throwing their stuff in PD.

Best regards, Eric.
(excuse my poor 'french' english)

 Créez votre adresse électronique prénom.nom at laposte.net
 1 Go d'espace de stockage, anti-spam et anti-virus intégrés.