[Clipart] vectormagic

John Olsen johnny_automatic at mac.com
Thu Jan 3 06:19:56 PST 2008

A fellow OCAL user turned me on to an online bitmap-to-vector engine
that is pretty neat and fun to play with.  Thought some people here
would like to check it out.  It is Vector Magic located at
vectormagic.stanford.edu .  It is also a great example of site layout
and use.  I find the step-by-step instructions and suggestions to be
very well done and it is a site anyone can use within minutes.   You
can even render multiple files and it tracks their rendering
progress.   Output is EPS, SVG and PNG.  I now use it when Illustrator
or Inkscape aren't giving me the results I want.  It is much more
powerful and accurate than either of those programs trace functions.

John Olsen