[Clipart] [Open Clip Art Library] Some questions about SVG

Teodor-Toma Silvestru Muntean teodomas at yahoo.com
Mon Mar 3 05:20:52 PST 2008

--- clipart-request at lists.freedesktop.org wrote:

 Grandient, blur, transparency can be use in SVG
format, but not the Adobe Illustrator 'made-it'
because Illustrator render that features/object
properties in Bitmap mask or object, same problem with
dropshadow in Illustrator. If you use Inkscape
anything is posibble and anything is vector. Drop
shadow can be made like this: duplicate the object,
give it dark color, give-it some transparency and
blur-it. Olso if you want other transparency features
you can find in object/filter effect more tranparency
metod: multiply, screen, lightness and darkness (only
this 4 is supported right now)

http://wiki.services.openoffice.org/wiki/Unsupported_SVG_Features