[Clipart] clipart Digest, Vol 48, Issue 14

Nicu Buculei nicu_gfx at nicubunu.ro
Mon Mar 31 00:46:17 PDT 2008

John Olsen wrote:

> I'm pretty sure that ccHost never wrote the tags back to the files.
> The tarballed archives all have them but no files on the current
> site.  The license data is also not public domain but proprietary on
> any file I have checked.  But I'm not sure if that's ccHost.  So I
> imagine ccHost isn't changing that either.  I know that isn't an
> inkscape issue because I am usually doing my stuff in Illustrator.  As
> a rule the metadata is empty on most files.

Technically, the license is not proprietary.
What happens is that ccHost does not write any license tag and the
Inkscape GUI, in the absence of any licensing information assumes the
file is proprietary (this is a sane assumption, as the copyright
kicks-in automatically).

my cool Fedora wallpapers: http://fedora.nicubunu.ro/wallpapers/
my clipart collection: http://clipart.nicubunu.ro/