[Clipart] resurrecting the clipart browser project

EnzoAeneas enzoaeneas at gmail.com
Tue Nov 25 22:21:58 PST 2008

My thoughts exactly. I have spent the last few hours, familiarising
myself with python, and I think that I can work with it. I am not sure
what the original used, but I would like to use gecko as the renderer
because of it's native svg and http support and the fact that python
is regularly used with it (Songbird, Miro, Komodo IDE/Edit).

My first milestones are browsing of local folder repository with SVG
content and the ability to copy the file text to the clipboard.
After this, connecting to OCAL and browsing the categories;
Downloading to local SVG files.
Remote to Local Synchronization.
Rendering to SVG content to PNG, which can be saved to a file or
copied to the clipboard.

These should keep me plenty busy to start out with.

I will look into the Inkscape source to see how to go about connecting
to OCAL; I'd rather not bother with ccHost at the moment.

--Kevin