[Clipart] Ответ: Offtopic Commentary: FSF/MS/Proprietary/FreeSpeech

Oleg Koptev koptev.oleg at gmail.com
Mon Apr 6 22:18:23 PDT 2009

Hello chovynz!

Greatly impressed by your thoughts.
You right in part of that big companies frequently use power of money
to play unfairly. But..
martyrs?? who the hell might force you to eat hamburger in McDonalds
only, or drink Coca-Cola instead of Pepsi (NB: I prefer pure cold
water)?
More and more people come to conception of open source in many spheres
of life - software, music, art and so on.

For example - today earning money by selling Audio CD at incredible
high prices is doomed decision. You mention before TPB (pirate bay) -
this is one of legion of the torrent sites, where I can found very
good rip of my likely group in lossless. But instead of that I prefer
to buy CDs - with polygraphy, booklet and so on. On the other hand -
often original CDs come in very small edition or/and in very high
price (+delivery by post high too). So I forced to download that
albums from torrents for example.
Also I don't want to pay to major labels inadecvate huge money. I want
to support my beloved group directly. How could I do this? The only
thing - by buying tickets on their concerts or by donation directly to
them. That touch not only (and not much) mastodon-like groups, but
firstly young bands with interesting material. Majors don't want art -
they want money. And promotion by free release of their work (under CC
for example) might give incredible push to marketing.
For example last album of Radiohead was freely available from their
site with proposal to donate as much as you can. They earned ~5
billions as far as I remember :)

Similar situation with software. Look onto Canonical for example - I
want to be such martyr as they are is hehe))

Open mind is future, and who are not understand it will be doomed.

Sorry for scattered thoughts. Will be really interesting to hear
thoughts of others, especially Jon Rejon :)

--
C уважением, Коптев Олег
With respect, Koptev Oleg

Jabber ID - koptevoleg at jabber.ru