[Clipart] clipart Digest, Vol 61, Issue 12

chovynz chovynz at gmail.com
Tue Apr 7 12:39:09 PDT 2009

On Wed, Apr 8, 2009 at 1:14 AM, John Olsen <johnny_automatic at mac.com> wrote:

> On Apr 6, 2009, at 11:01 PM, clipart-request at lists.freedesktop.org
> wrote:
>
>  I really doubt that FORCE is involved in your decision to download
> pirated copies of music.  The choice is yours.  Piracy of things
> people chose to retain copyright on is a avery different concept then
> a community of people who are by choice giving up copyright freely.

For me, seeing the effects of "people chose to retain copyright" is why I am
now joining a"community of people who are by choice giving up copyright
freely".

Seeing the absolute injustice being put on artists. Seeing corporations
suing little guys for megabucks because of a mistake on the little guys
part. Seeing lawyers and business lump patents, trademarks, and copyright
into one misleading and ambiguous term of "intellectual property" and
misappropriation and abuse of Human Rights. People being bullied and put out
of business because they put a link on their website.

All In the fscking name of getting more money.

As you can see I'm passionate about this "community". I think FSF and Open
Source (my reasons and understanding on this issue are much more than just
these two: this is simplified for this mailing list discussion. I
deliberately make a distinction between the two terms as well. See
why<http://www.gnu.org/philosophy/open-source-misses-the-point.html>.
I didn't write this, and the first time I read it I didn't agree or
understand it. But after multiple readings, I now agree with most of it) are
the way of the future.

Mmmmmmm. Open Sauce....

--
Cheers