[Clipart] Submission form change.

Greg Bulmash oneminuteinspirations at gmail.com
Thu Jan 15 21:08:20 PST 2009

If I had access to modify the form, those instructions were provided so
long ago and have been so rarely used...  I was just going with my
strength: text.

Here's a simple way to make them read... three boxes, make them check
off each one for the submission to be accepted.

You certify:

[] You own the rights to this image or can prove it is already in the
public domain

[] It contains no logos, images, or fonts that may be under separate
copyright or trademark protection.

[] You dedicate it permanently to the public domain: <b>This means
anyone can use it anyway they like... forever</b>

If you want to go shorter, just go with the link plus:

"By submitting this work, you dedicate it permanently to the public
domain: <b>This means anyone can use it anyway they like... forever.</b>"

I know it's not necessarily as professional-sounding a wording as the
prior set, but it gets the message across in plain English with a
minimum of muss and fuss.

As my mom once said: "many a tech manual would be easier to read if they
used the word 'doohickey' once in a while."

- Greg