[Clipart] clipart Digest, Vol 64, Issue 9

John Olsen johnny_automatic at mac.com
Tue Jul 21 12:26:57 PDT 2009

On Jul 21, 2009, at 12:00 PM, clipart-request at lists.freedesktop.org
wrote:

> Message: 2
> Date: Tue, 21 Jul 2009 14:25:56 +0200
> From: <momo at lumenstudio.net>
> Subject: Re: [Clipart] ocal 2.0 latest?
> To: <clipart at lists.freedesktop.org>
>
> Nicu,
>
> I tried almost all the possible combinations and tweaks I could
> think of
> (Plain SVG, illustrator SVG, Inkscape SVG, simplified to reduce node
> count
> and file size...) and unfortunately nothing worked... I get a blank
> page,
> the file never gets uploaded... :/
>
> Molumen

I think you are right Molumen.  it isn't file size but node count that
times out.  So the only way to get them uploaded at this time is to
reduce the actual number of nodes.  That leaves using simplify to
reduce redundant nodes or hand editing them where possible.  It seems
that every once in awhile a big file does slip through without being
timed out.  I always hope there are no clean up issues with those
because it is almost impossible to get lucky with the upload again.
This is supposed to be a non-issue with 2.0 I think, right?

Johnny