[Clipart] Licence

Jan-Olof Eriksson jan-olof.eriksson at iki.fi
Tue Jul 21 20:52:46 PDT 2009

Jarod Russel kirjoitti:
> Yeah but also if marked so, not every clipart is in the public domain.

In openclipart.org? Then why it says they are?

> As I said in the beginning of the year already, cliparts made by Gerald
> G. featuring W.Korn are statet as free.

I searched his images in openclipart.org and seems his images in thre
are licenced as PD also.

> If you want to use images from openclipart.com for t-shirt printing let
> me tell you there is a risk. Definitly don't use things involving
> company names, famous logos, celebrities etc. Those cliparts may be in
> the public domain, but that doesn't mean they are free of 3rd party
> rights too.

Thats true, i didnt plan to use them like that.

I just to want make sure this is 100% correct:

http://www.openclipart.org/wiki/FAQ#What_limitations_are_there_in_how_I_can_use_the_clipart.3F
"here are no limitations, you can do whatever you wish with it. "

J-O.E