[Clipart] Why packager, anyway?

Tobias Jakobs tobias.jakobs at googlemail.com
Mon Mar 2 10:33:04 PST 2009

On Mon, Mar 2, 2009 at 17:12, Jochen Staerk <jstaerk at usegroup.de> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> Silly question, there is no particluar reason for the NSIS packaged
> version except from the possibility of removing it via the system control?

No, that's the only benefit.

> I somehow expected a client application with which I could browse &
> search through the cliparts. No problem at all if there's none but is
> there any other application how to make use of the metadata?

There is no standalone tool for browsing the clipart. The only
program, that I know, that uses the metadata is Inkscape. There you
can edit them in the page properties. And in the Linux version of
Incsape is even a browser for the online version. There you can even
search for the tags. But the browser has some ugly bugs and needs some
love too.

Regards,
Tobias