[Clipart] Thumbnails

Nicu Buculei nicu_gfx at nicubunu.ro
Tue Mar 17 03:39:35 PDT 2009

worms invasion wrote:

> If that is the case, then I believe Openclipart should maybe think about that, and maybe change to another platform, which would make it easier for programmers to code something.

If we are not able to add such a minor thing as thumbnails, then it
would probably be harder to adapt another platform (there is no existing
platform meeting all our needs).

> Or, maybe, we should stop dreaming about SVG thumbnails, and be happy with PNG thumbnails, and show that. Or (... insert suggestions here...)

I think that's the current plan: use PNG thumbnails. Ideally, generate
them on the server, but display PNGs in the browser.

> In any case, I think that something has to be done seriously about that. As pointed by many users, Openclipart without thumbnails of any kind loses a lot of its interests, and makes the site... kinda useless. It's a shame, for all the people who uploaded their artwork and believed in open art.

I agree with your feelings here.

my cool Fedora wallpapers: http://fedora.nicubunu.ro/wallpapers/
my clipart collection: http://clipart.nicubunu.ro/