[Clipart] clipart Digest, Vol 60, Issue 31

Greg Bulmash oneminuteinspirations at gmail.com
Thu Mar 19 16:46:28 PDT 2009

I think the Dover books make the same claim as the usf.edu site.  That's
why I haven't vectorized anything out of a Dover book.

But I think there's a real difference between saying:

"These are Public Domain works"

and

"These are copyrighted works derived from Public Domain works"

If you say the first in a prominent place on the page where you display
the artwork(s), then put the second in the fine print, it's a bit of
bait and switch.  It sucks, but the safest route is to just back off.

- Greg