[Clipart] 0.19 Release Candidate

Nicu Buculei nicu_gfx at nicubunu.ro
Mon Mar 23 06:49:39 PDT 2009

Daniel Isenmann wrote:

> I know from the old release (0.18) there are categories for the
> cliparts. After downloading the new release, there are no categories,
> just the author name of the image. Is this the point of missing metadata
> you mentioned above?

Yes, the problem is a) ccHost does not interact with metadata inside the
SVG files in any way (read or write) and b) the directory structure is
oriented by user names, not categories.

In past releases we used a directory structure for categories and the
direct result of this was *a lot* of duplicates, generated by images
being part of multiple categories.

> Would be really great to see category again, because it's much easier
> to package and to use those cliparts in several category instead in one
> large directory.

The only way to to this is to patch ccHost.

my cool Fedora wallpapers: http://fedora.nicubunu.ro/wallpapers/
my clipart collection: http://clipart.nicubunu.ro/