[Clipart] the 10K milestone

Greg Bulmash oneminuteinspirations at gmail.com
Mon Mar 23 17:19:24 PDT 2009

That's a cool idea.  At the same time, it brings out my predatory
instincts: watching, waiting for #9999 to post, then swooping in and
posting 10,000 at the last second to win the prize.

Honestly, if any link love and profiling is to be done, I think it
should be for the people who have been contributing "mass quantities"
over a long period, like Nicu Buculei and John Olsen (no offense to
anyone not mentioned, these are the only 500+ contributors I know of).

The site will cross 10,000 with or without the person who contributes
the 10,000th piece, but it wouldn't offer the breadth or depth of
selection if it weren't for the people who've been in it for the long haul.

Honestly, from a purely selfish standpoint, I should shut up and try to
be #10,000 so I can get the link, the profile, the press release and
everything they carry in terms of traffic and SEO value.  But if there's
one thing OCAL isn't about, it's being selfish.

- Greg