[Clipart] cliparts on consoles

Jon Phillips jon at rejon.org
Tue Mar 24 17:26:52 PDT 2009

This is super cool chovynz! What I would recommend is to put together
a strategy on the wiki.

Also, I've often thought about what a for-profit infrastructure would
look like on top of openclipart.org

For example, there are many services which could be derived from OCAL,
and then feed content that would feed back into it. That is worth
exploring as well, and I'm open to many opportunities/possibilities.

I love the idea of spreading clipart, and part of the reason I got
into OCAL and SVG is that I saw the huge potential for scalable
graphics in a scalable media future. I'm also really into metadata,
and the possibilities associated with automatic story/naarrative
generation via scripts and metadata.

Nicu, in the past, created some parts for a game. And, Bryce, from
Inkscape fame started a game in the past to take advantage of our clip
art called Mint.

What would be a very cool thing is to identify some targets for where
clip art should go, and then investigate making some example apps that
use the clipart. Of course, ideally, there would be a business model
behind this, or the work might stop dead in its tracks.

Another just simple fun project would be to make some type of OCAL
android tagging game, or an android 2d scroller game where all the
graphics come from 1 SVG file, where the group ids are the ids for the
objects. That would be so kickass! There even might exist a game now
that this could be modified to work on like supertux.

If into, I think best to do a survey of these spaces on the wiki and
then shoot it over here for all to look at and make comments on. Man,
you guys are getting me all excited about things!

Jon