[Clipart] Copyleft, Public Domain, Copyright

chovynz chovynz at gmail.com
Tue Mar 31 00:45:01 PDT 2009

On Tue, Mar 31, 2009 at 8:23 PM, Schrijver <eric at authoritism.net> wrote:

> Firstly, everybody congratulations with the release!

> PS
> Apologies btw that regarding foss matters my focus is so erratic; I
> did not get back to these last things about copyright but I did read
> the other reactions, thanks all! In the specific case the guy did
> actually alter the license in retrospect, I later found out…
> http://www.roysac.com/blog/2008/08/copyleft-vs-public-domain.html
> Now, that specific case is not so interesting, but it is really
> interesting to read your reactions on the matter.

I learned something. This concerns me somewhat.
Did you just say public domain things CAN be copyrighted by someone?
Public domain is not protected from being copyrighted?
I read the blog.

I think we might need a legal copyright lawyer to comment. Or maybe just
point me in the right direction if one has already answered something like
this.

--
Cheers
Chovynz