[Clipart] clipart Digest, Vol 60, Issue 67

chovynz chovynz at gmail.com
Tue Mar 31 23:59:27 PDT 2009

On Wed, Apr 1, 2009 at 7:30 PM, Nicu Buculei <nicu_gfx at nicubunu.ro> wrote:

> chovynz wrote:
> >
> > My first instinct is to run like hell and not look back. No, I don't
> > want to be an admin or librarian. I'm well aware of what admins and more
> > power/responsibility brings. I just want to upload clipart that should
> > be there.
> >
> > What else would be expected if I said yes? I don't have alot of time and
> > I prefer being "loose".
>
> Uploading old images under the "anonymous" account is what a librarian
> is supposed to to. Another attribution of the librarians is to look from
> time to time at the recent uploads and review them
> (http://openclipart.org/wiki/Moderation). But this is not a full time
> job, you can do it on your own terms.
>
> I am also an admin but have not used my "powers" in a long time...

Well...I guess. That's kinda what I've been doing already, and emailing you
guys to do the action. If you're all ok with me being a librarian or admin,
I dont mind.

But... mostly all I'll be doing is the same. poking my nose in new clipart,
seeing if they are ok, writing reviews, uploading as much clipart as I can.
The only thing that would change is I'm able to delete files like "Page" by
myself. And then I'd only do it after talking with you guys for confirmation
anyway.

Is there a way to undo an admin or librarians changes? (i.e. if I make a
mistake can Jon or John, or one of the other admins "fix" whatever I did?) I
really don't want ... more danger. I don't know how to explain it. The job
(making and uploading clipart) is what I'm interested in doing, but I dont
want responsibilty or power. I think I AM responsible, but I dont want
responsibilty.

Does that make sense?

--
Cheers