[Clipart] BETA OCAL Help Out page changes + navigation ideas

Adrian Sutton adrian at symphonious.net
Fri May 15 00:24:11 PDT 2009

>  Do you think "Volunteer" is a bit hash -- "Help Us" and a roll over
> of "Would you like to help the site?" would be a little less formal.

"Get Involved" is a common term for this kind of thing.

> p.s Would it ever be possible to have a forum installed on the site?
> -- phpbb is free -- and it keeps everything together, and would be
> much easier for newbies like me. I've no experiance in using wikis
> and this email service, i think i've missed a lot going into my junk
> mail :-(

Rather than having a separate forum, I'd recommend using nabble.com.
It can archive the email list and provide a purely web based interface
to it, but keeps the two in sync. Forums have a significant weakness
where people only drop by to ask their question and then disappear
again, email lists require subscription so people tend to hang around
and form a community a bit  more.

Cheers,

Adrian Sutton
http://www.symphonious.net